Queer tango is, authentic Argentinian tango danced without regard for the conventional allocation of leader and follower roles according to gender. It emerged out of the LGBTQ community, but can be and is danced by anyone.
Queer Tango London aims to promoting queer tango and the values associated with it by:
• Providing a safe, friendly, inclusive space in London in which queer tango can regularly be danced
• Offering queer tango tuition at all levels from absolute beginners upwards according to demand
• Mounting intermittent special events to which high quality guest tango teachers are invited
Consistent with our aims, Queer Tango London makes links with:
• Mainstream UK-based mainstream Argentinian tango organizations
• Same-sex ballroom dancing and allied LGBTQ, dance organizations
• Other non-dance focused social, commercial or non-commercial organizations
• The international queer tango community
Membership and all Queer Tango London events are open to anyone, regardless of of race, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or age.
Do you know of one? If so, please add it so that more people can find it!
You must be logged in to post a comment.